• The Mutterings of Mystery in Misery

    Shopping bags and the existential chrisis.



    Infamy, according to the checkout girl at my local grocery store, I'm the lady who always has enough carrier bags. 

    Admittedly I do care, about the environment. I worry about the choices I make, the impact of the things we do. On the world. Which is, of course, a good thing. Just not sure how I feel about being the person on a Saturday night who remembered to bring the carrier bags. Like an adult girl scout of sorts, I am always prepared, I've got the carrier bags, and the plasters, and the first aid kit, and the pocket knif. It's all somewhat organised. Dull, perhaps. This last week, has made me realize a lot of people just expect me to be there to show up. What if one day, I just didn't? If I went on a 4 week holiday, didn't bother about who else would have to pick up the slack? Just went walkabout for a bit. Just stopped being dependable all the damn time? 

    Shopping bags, and the existential crisis.






    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    all comments welcome

     

    Blogger news

    About

    Blogroll