• The Mutterings of Mystery in Misery

    Bat Wife





    In praise of shadows. [ http://pdf-objects.com/files/In-Praise-of-Shadows-Junichiro-Tanizaki.pdf ] 

    A wonderful piece of writing on light and shadow, and aesthetics written by Jun'ichirō Tanizaki, in 1977. Retranslated recently. A piece of writing my husband should read. Cooking supper tonight, my husband walks in and turns the light on, tada he says. This is a common theme with bat wife, a lesser know side effect of growing up without that useful modern convenience of electricity. 

    Sometimes I like to image I’m the last person I know who might be okay, if the world as we know it comes to some self inflicted end. I’ll be just fine. 

    Growing up with our the brilliance of the 21’st century, has some great percs, not the least of them being a great appreciation for light and shadow.

    In the mean time, I remain bat wife.






    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    all comments welcome

     

    Blogger news

    About

    Blogroll