• The Mutterings of Mystery in Misery

    The sea is lonely


    There is a lovely song I know. Its written in Afrikaans , by a great bands called 'die die heuwels fantasties ( in eEnglish that's the hills are fantastic, which a agree is great name for a band ).
    It goes like this well the first verse anyway.

    'die see is baie diep en plat
    die see is alleen
    soms as ek na die see kyk
    voel ek soos die see' 

    Loosly 

    the see is deep and flat
    the sea is alone
    sometimes when i look to the sea
    I feel like the sea.

    Which is admiditly not very poetic when translated. You may find it on I-tunes over here is you are so inclined. 

    There is also this fantastic poem 

    I MUST go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,
    And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking,
    And a gray mist on the sea's face, and a gray dawn breaking.

    I must down go to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
    Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
    And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
    And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

    I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
    To the gull's way and the whale's way, where the wind's like a whetted knife;
    And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
    And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.
    John Masefield

    Well I guess that prooves that the see is in deed, flat and deep and the sea is alone and sometimes we all yearn for the land and for its company. And sometimes we all feel alone. 



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    all comments welcome

     

    Blogger news

    About

    Blogroll