• The Mutterings of Mystery in Misery

    In chair



    Before we begin, yes I am the kind of person who it’s in lotus position on my stool. (Inside I’m really about 5 3/4).

    Inspiration exists but is has to find you working. A quote supposedly attributed to Picasso, or more likely 
    Some unattributed sole, of less famous origins. 

    Who ever said it, may have a point. I generally find, if I go to work at 8am, or at least plan to work. Either maraculousy I mange to produce some work, good or bad. Or I stare at the wall till I feel to guilty for not working, that I do something even if it’s really small. 
    A whole big project after all is composed of a milllion small such moments, of guilt filled working. 

    If you are really an exceptionally lazy person. Make sure you place your chair, in your office. Or perhaps near you bosses office, which may prove more effective deterrent to errant web surfing and YouTube rabbit holes. 

    In any event, actually going in to work, for myself at least I find a useful combatant against, well I’ll do it tomorrow thinking which can proliferate with the academic environment. I’m not sure what it is, perhaps it’s just the South African context, but deadlines don’t really seem to exist beyond the undergraduate phase. 
    I’ve always think of, Douglas Adams vogons when I encounter this phenomenon. 

    Anyway, all stop net surfing and get back to work. 







    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    all comments welcome

     

    Blogger news

    About

    Blogroll